Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Case Formulation Report - Abnormal Psych

For just twenty minutes a year, the world seems like the empty moon. It feels lighter with 1/6th the gravity, like on the moon. I wish the world would freeze like this. So life could be 1/6th lighter. ~ Jung-yeon

Based on the girl main character from the 2009 South Korean movie "Castaway on the Moon."

Contents:
I. Identifying Information and Referral Problem
II. Psychosocial History
III. Medical and Psychiatric History
IV. DSM-IV-TR Multiaxial Axis and DSM-V Diagnostic Criteria and Codes
V. Rationale of Diagnosis
VI. Case Formulation
VII. Recommendation
Citations

Note: The only thing that my professor disagreed on was my diagnosis of Persistent Depressive Disorder (Dysthymia), that the symptoms can be explained by the MC's first two diagnosis - Social Anxiety Disorder (Social Phobia) and Anorexia Nervosa, including her Avoidant Personality Disorder. Avoid over-diagnosis was the advise given to me. I still stand on my diagnosis though. Maybe it just needs better formulation/presentation. Or just ignore that part if you agree with my prof.







Before making this project for my Ab Pscyh class, I've already watched the movie twice. The first one was all by myself, during my hype for Korean rom-com movies. Watching it really hit me closest to home. I found myself in the shoes of Jung-yeon, no, I still find myself on her even until now. A lot has happened to me since then. Things I'm not really sure why and how they happened.


My second time watching this movie was together with my org-mates. By that point, I was actually drowning into being more and more like Jung-yeon. Eventually, I was never able to come out of our house for almost 6 months. Or was it seven? That moment was my biggest regret, mistake, pain and scar I've had. Okay, I really have to stop being angst-y. I am learning my new life lesson and I better stick with it.

"I take pictures of the moon because there’s no one there. When there’s no one, you can’t feel lonely." ~Jung-yeon

Watching the movie for the the third time, now for my project, alone again, with a mission to be accomplished in mind, with a different way of thinking, not just being a mere viewer but acting as a psychologist, even though I have lots of doubts myself, the above case formulation report was born.

This shoes really reminds me of Mato from Black Rock Shooter, another  movie that I considered as my case study, but in the end since that was an anime, my prof might not like it or be biased, so I ended up with this movie. Not a bad choice I'd say, plus this has been my #1 choice from the start. Just being a tsun-tsun ~

Too bad though, since I was so stressed with all the acad stuff I've had to do along with this, I finished this late so my grade was deducted, sans 20%! Darnest me! Because, yes, I'm a gc, aside from the fact that I really need to get a high grade as a result of all the things I've went through.  My one other subject was the same case, the other one aside from this subject which I've dedicated my blood and sweat to. Just goes to show that I'm still not good at balancing my time.


Now, I'm just glad that I've survived my Abnormal Psych class, along with all my other subjects this sem. Which was actually a first for me in three years. Ganbattene to me! \( #`⌂´)/┌┛


No comments:

Post a Comment